- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Inside Athletics
- Fan Central
- Pack Attack
The Red Wolves started the season in record-breaking fashion.
The Indiana University East track and field teams posted five top-three finishes and broke four school records during the J.O. Huntsman Relays at Wabash College on March 17.
It was the outdoor season opener for IU East. Team scores were not kept.
School records were set by:
* Freshman Andrea Brower (Eaton, Ohio/Eaton High School) with a mark of 11.52 meters (about 37-9) in the women's shot put.
* Redshirt freshman Josiah Lemons (Richmond, Ind./Richmond High School) with a leap of 6.57 meters (about 21-7) in the men's long jump.
* Freshman Trevor Tucker (Batesville, Ind./Batesville High School) with a time of 11.49 in the 100 meter dash
* Lemons, Tucker, redshirt freshman Sterling Cridge (New Castle, Ind./New Castle Chrysler High School) and redshirt sophomore Brandon Arnett (Lynn, Ind./Randolph Southern High School) with a time of 46.14 in the men's 4x100 relay.
Brower was second in the shot and Lemons was second in the long jump.
IU East's other top-three finishes:
* Redshirt senior Vanessa Legg (Lynn, Ind./Randolph Southern High School) won the women's high jump with a mark of 1.47 meters (about 4-10).
* Legg was second in the women's javelin with a throw of 32.10 meters (about 105-4).
* Redshirt junior Kait Ervin (West Alexandria, Ohio/Twin Valley South High School) was third in the discus with a mark of 33.58 meters (about 110-2).
Seven intercollegiate track and field programs were represented at the meet.
The Red Wolves compete March 24 at the Indiana Wesleyan University Polar Bear Invitational.
Click here for results from the Wabash College J.O. Huntsman Relays