- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Inside Athletics
- Fan Central
- Pack Attack
Chad Bolser, the athletic director at Richmond High School, is the recipient of the 2011-12 Indiana University East Rufus Award.
The Rufus Award is given annually to a community member who selflessly advances the Red Wolves athletic program. The award is open to an individual or business.
Bolser facilitates IU East teams' use of Richmond Community Schools facilities. IU East's only competition-size on-campus athletics facility is the IU East Cross Country Course.
"We wouldn't exist without that relationship," IU East athletic director Mark Hester told the Richmond Palladium-Item. "I think Chad has been a big reason why that relationship has grown, the willingness he's had to work with us."
Most of the Red Wolves programs had a practice or performance made possible by Richmond Community Schools during the 2011-12 school year.
* The volleyball team practiced at the Hibberd building and hosted the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference tournament at Richmond High School
* The basketball team practiced and played games at Richmond High School. The cheer and dance squads performed during basketball games
* The track and field athletes worked out at Richmond High School
* The tennis program hosted part of the men's Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference tournament at Richmond High School
* Richmond served as the contracting school for the Wayne County middle school and high school cross country meet run at IU East
"It's got to be one of the best working relationships between an intercollegiate athletics program and a high school athletics program in the nation," Hester said.
Pick up the July 15 edition of the Richmond Palladium-Item for a poster page honoring IU East's 2011-12 athletics award winners.