- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Inside Athletics
- Fan Central
- Pack Attack
Marcus Isaac is the 2011-12 Indiana University East Male Athlete of the Year.
The award is given annually to an exemplary athlete voted on by the coaches and athletic staff. The athlete must have participated in a Champions of Character event. The athlete can be from any academic class.
Isaac (Indianapolis, Ind./Purdue North Central) is a 6-1 guard who helped the Red Wolves men's basketball program to a 24-8 record and a return trip to the NAIA Division II Men's Basketball National Championships during his junior year.
Marcus' honors and awards from the 2011-12 season:
* IU East's first first-team NAIA All-American with a spot on the NAIA Division II Men's Basketball All-America first team. Also an NABC NAIA Division II All-American
* IU East's first men's basketball Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Player of the Year
* IU East's first KIAC Male Athlete of the Year (all sports)
* All-Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
* Led IU East and 23rd in the nation with 19.0 points per game
* Only player in the NAIA Division II ranked in the nation's top 31 in free throw percentage, 3-point field goal percentage, points per game and overall field goal percentage
* Scored in double digits in 31 of 32 games, and scored 20 or more points in 12 games
* KIAC Men's Basketball Player of the Week for weeks of Feb. 13, Feb. 6 and Nov. 14
* All-tournament team at three tournaments
Pick up the July 15 edition of the Richmond Palladium-Item for a poster page honoring IU East's 2011-12 athletics award winners.
Marcus Isaac 2011-12 highlights: