- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Inside Athletics
- Fan Central
- Pack Attack
Lauren Crump is the 2011-12 Indiana University East Female Athlete of the Year.
The award is given annually to an exemplary athlete voted on by the coaches and athletic staff. The athlete must have participated in a Champions of Character event. The athlete can be from any academic class.
Crump (Indianapolis, Ind./Scecina Memorial High School) also won the award for the 2010-11 school year.
Crump is a 5-8 setter who helped the Red Wolves volleyball team to a 37-9 record and a third consecutive trip to the NAIA Volleyball National Championship during her junior year.
Lauren's honors and awards from the 2011-12 school year:
* Honorable mention Tachikara-NAIA Volleyball All-American
* Repeated as American Volleyball Coaches Association Northeast Region Player of the Year and Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Player of the Year
* Led the NAIA in assists per game for second consecutive season with 11.79 assists per set
* Named KIAC Volleyball Player of the Week for the week of Oct. 26.
* NAIA National Championship team Champions of Character Award honoree.
* Joined the tennis team for the spring season and won four singles matches
* NAIA-Daktronics Scholar-Athlete honoree in volleyball and tennis, becoming the first IU East female athlete to win the award in two sports in the same academic year.
Pick up the July 15 edition of the Richmond Palladium-Item for a poster page honoring IU East's 2011-12 athletics award winners.
Lauren Crump 2011-12 highlights: