- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Inside Athletics
- Fan Central
- Pack Attack
The Indiana University East volleyball team will play four matches at the University of Michigan-Dearborn Earlybird Collegiate Challenge on Aug. 24 and 25.
The 25th-ranked Red Wolves (4-0) open the tournament with a rematch against Bethel College (3-1) at 3 p.m. on Aug. 24. IU East beat Bethel in three sets in the IU East RadioTroy.com Invitational title match on Aug. 17.
IU East plays Lourdes College (4-1) at 5 p.m.
The Red Wolves rise and shine Aug. 25 to play University of Northwestern Ohio (1-0) at 8:30 a.m.
IU East concludes the tournament with a match against Spring Arbor University (0-1) at 12:30 a.m.
LAST TIME OUT
IU East won the IU East RadioTroy.com Invitational with a 4-0 record Aug. 17 and 18.
The Red Wolves are 3-1 all-time against Bethel, with one win in each of the past three seasons.
IU East is 2-0 all-time against Lourdes, with both matches in 2010.
The Red Wolves are 3-1 all-time against Northwestern Ohio, with one win in each of the past three seasons after the lone loss in 2008.
This is the first meeting between IU East and Spring Arbor.
IU EAST STORYLINES
* IU East can reach 150 wins in the program's history with a 4-0 weekend. The Red Wolves are 146-43 in five-plus NAIA seasons.
* IU East is 30-1 in August since the start of the 2009 season
SCOUTING THE OPPOSITION
Bethel played IU East tough on Aug. 17, holding a set point against the Red Wolves in the second set.
Outside hitter Alicia Carlton and setter Amanda Troyer were named to the IU East RadioTroy.com all-tournament team.
Lourdes opened its season with a third-place finish at the Concordia (Mich.) Kick-off Tournament
Freshman outside hitter Katie McKenty was named to the all-tournament team.
Northwestern Ohio opened its season with a win at Cincinnati Christian University on Aug. 22.
The Racers' top hitter and top defensive player from 2011 graduated.
Spring Arbor opened its season with a loss at Madonna on Aug. 22.
Senior outside hitter Ashley Morris was an all-conference honoree in 2011.
RED WOLVES IN THE NATIONAL RANKINGS
* IU East was one of three teams in the NAIA to go 4-0 during the weekend of Aug. 17-18.
* The Red Wolves posted the best hitting percentage in the NAIA this past weekend at .302
* Junior middle hitter Caitlin Burroughs (Richmond, Ind./Northeastern High School) had the best hitting percentage in the NAIA this past weekend at .443
* Senior libero Kristin Waechter led the NAIA in aces this past weekend with 14
FOLLOW THE TOURNAMENT
The University of Michigan-Dearborn Gymnasium is located at 4901 Evergreen Road in Dearborn, Mich.
Live stats for all four IU East matches will be available at www.iueredwolves.com.
Twitter updates will be posted with a #IUEWin150 hashtag.