UNION, Ky. - The Indiana University East men's golf team finished third at the River States Conference tournament.
The final 27 holes of the 54-hole event were played April 18 at Lassing Pointe Golf Club.
The Red Wolves finished with a 54-hole team score of 935, 13 strokes behind tournament champion Point Park University.
Tyler Pearson (SO/Richmond, Ind.) led IU East with a third-place finish. Pearson carded a 54-hole score of 219 on the par-71, 6,724-yard layout. Pearson finished three shots behind medalist Matthew McCurry from Asbury University.
* IU East posted the lowest team score of the second round, which concluded with nine holes on April 18. The Red Wolves finished with a 309 in the second round to move into third place in the team standings, a spot they held for the duration of the final round. The Red Wolves had started the final day in fifth place in the team standings.
* Tyler Pearson played the back nine of the second round 2-under par en route to a 72 and a share of the individual lead entering the final round.
* Cody Frame (SO/Liberty, Ind.) played the first seven holes of the final round one shot under par and finished the third round with a 78.
* Kole Schofield (FR/New Castle, Ind.) represented IU East on the River States Conference men's golf Champions of Character team.
* Tyler Pearson broke the previous school record for low 54-hole score by five strokes.
* Tyler Pearson played the tournament's par 5s at 4-under-par, tied for best in the tournament. Pearson also tied for the tournament lead with 10 birdies.
* Cody Frame was sixth in the tournament in scoring average on the par 3s.
* IU East's 18-hole team spring average of 312.08 bested the previous program record by 10 strokes.
"The guys really fought back the last nine of the second 18 which gave us the low round of the second 18 and a realistic chance of winning. We just fell a little short in the last 18. It's the second year in a row we've had a chance to win in the end. It will just make us work a little harder for next year." - IU East coach John Gordon
IU EAST - 314-309-312 - 935
3. Tyler Pearson - 72-72-75 - 219
10. Ben Tinkle - 79-77-79 - 235
T29. Kole Schofield - 81-82-80 - 243
T29. Lance Hackman (SO/Salem, Ind.) - 82-78-83 - 243
T33. Cody Frame - 83-83-78 - 244
37. John Schaefer (SO/Fort Wayne, Ind.) - 81-81-84 - 246