UNION, Ky. - The Indiana University East women's golf team took third place at the River States Conference Championship.
The final 27 holes of the 54-hole event were played April 25 at Lassing Pointe Golf Club in Union, Ky.
The Red Wolves finished with a 54-hole team score of 1064. Tournament champion Midway University shot a team score of 998.
Breanna Nowak (SO/Chippewa Falls, Wis.) led IU East with a second-place finish. Nowak finished six strokes behind conference champion Kathryn Lawler of Midway.
* Nowak was the Champions of Character award winner for the Red Wolves and a First Team All-Conference honoree.
* Lexie Fields (FR/Middletown, Ohio) joined Nowak as a First Team All-Conference award winner. Fields finished 11th overall and shot a 264.
* Hannah Johnson (FR/Morgantown, Ind.) finished eighth with a final score 262.
* Nowak was tied for first with Hannah Scroggins of Midway after the first 27 holes. Nowak was 2 strokes ahead of tournament winner Lawler going into the final round of the tournament.
* IU East battled Asbury University for second place trailing the Eagles by one stroke going into the third round.
* It was a 63-stroke differential between IU East and fourth-place finisher IU Kokomo.
This concludes the spring season for IU East women's golf.
IU EAST WOMEN